Our ThinkLab mixes all aspects of STEM, adds art, and sprinkles it with imagination! It is a place for exploration, innovation, and collaboration where students learn through constructing and sharing. It's an environment where one is limited only by one’s imagination.
The lab aligns with the IB Learner Profile by encouraging students to be thinkers, inquirers, communicators and risk takers. Students build on attitudes such as cooperation, curiosity, creativity and confidence. And they learn 21st century skills in computer science, technology and engineering that will enable them to be prepared for their future.
Students do work in engineering, 3D printing, robotics, design and construction, micro-computing, green screen photography, iterative design, computer science, coding, augmented/virtual reality, and circuitry.
Along the way, they acquire the following skills, concepts and knowledge:
- Computational thinking
- Complex problem solving
- Technical and digital literacy
- Empowered, self-directed learning
- Imagination, creativity, innovative thinking and a deeper form of learning
- Ability to participate in a global education community through networked learning in a peer-led environment
- Ability to mentor and inspire others
- Identify challenges and seek solutions by becoming creators instead of consumers
- Preparation for real world challenges, college and careers